How Can We Help?
Agile Runs & Conversion to Scripts
Enterprise Tester allows you to create an Agile Run for testing on the fly or exploratory testing.
Once you have completed your Agile Run you have the option to create a Test Script or to retain the Agile Run.
To start an Agile Run, select a folder containing your Execution data, and select the Create Agile Run icon on the navigator toolbar.
Alternatively, select an Execution folder and right click, select Agile Run.
The Agile Run screen will appear with the name field automatically populated with the date and time, and provides a similar layout to the Test Script steps screen.
If you wish to add additional details, you can click on the Details tab, this will allow you to add all the additional details similar to Test Scripts.
For an Agile Run, this information is optional and the default values for mandatory fields such as Priority, Status and Type will automatically populate these fields.
Agile Run Relationships
Agile Runs also have a Relationships tab and initially no relationships will exist.
If an Incident is raised during the Agile Run or if the Agile Run is later converted to a Test Script, relationships will automatically be added.
From the Relationships tab, you can add a relationship from the Agile Run to a Requirement.
To do this:
- Click on the run, then select the Add button on the bottom right side of the screen.
- The Add Relationship dialog screen will appear allowing you to create a coverage relationship.
Converting Agile Runs to Scripts
You can convert Agile Runs to Test Scripts in your Script Library, which can be reused. You also have the option to Retain the file structure, Create an Execution Set from the Agile Run and then Delete the Agile Run.
You can bulk select Agile Runs to convert from the Execution data grid and click the Create Script button on the toolbar.
You will be presented with the following options:
- Remove Empty Packages – delete empty folders in your Execution Set when deleting Agile Runs
- Retain Structure – create the same folder structure when creating the scripts
- Delete Agile Run – remove the Agile Run from record
- Create Script Assignment – in addition to creating the Test Script, convert the Agile Run to an executed test in the execution set.
Once you have clicked create, select the folder in the Script Library where the new Test Script script should be created.