How Can We Help?
Compiler Suite – Data Driven Testing
What is Compiler Suite?
Compiler Suite enables automatic generation of a number of Test Cases that contain defined variables and data. Once variables and data are defined, there are three generation methods:
1) Row by row – where the data in each row is generated as a single test case.
2) Minimum number – where the minimum number of tests are generated to cover each piece of data once.
3) Pairwise method – based on the observation that most faults are caused by interactions of at most two factors, Pairwise-generated test suites cover all combinations of two
A step by step process is available:
Why would I use it?
Smarter test practices mean time is gained and quality is increased, data generation methods can result in up to 85% time savings when creating test suites. Benefits are:
- Creating combinatorial data for data load tests.
- Quickly creating hundreds of Test Cases where repetition is required.
- Data driven test planning.
- Creating test cases for an already implemented module without any documented specification.
- During review or walk through of specifications or code.