Configuring SQL Server and Enterprise Tester to Use a SQL Login
This guide walks through the steps for creating a SQL login and updating the web.config file for Enterprise Tester using the login for authentication.
Create a SQL user name/login on the server you wish to access
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the SQL server.
- Go to security->logins.
- Right click, select “New Login”.
- Select SQL Login.
- Enter the username and password you wish to use.
- Disable password policy enforcement, and ensure that the login does not expire, and does not require changing on next login.
- Click on user mappings.
- Find the Enterprise Tester database.
- Click the checkbox next to it, to give the new user access.
- Ensure the new user has either public and db_owner permissions, or public, datareader, datawriter and ddl permissions (as shown in the following screen shot).
- Click “OK” to save this new user.
Update the web.config file, so it uses the new SQL server login/password
- Locate Enterprise Tester’s web.config file (normally in C:\Program Files\Catch
- Limited\Enterprise Tester\Web\web.config).
- Open the file with a text editor.
- Locate the <connectionStrings> section in the configuration file.
- Update the connection string, removing any of the following properties:
o Integrated Security=True;
- Add the User Id and Password properties, for the login/password you created prior.
- Save changes to the web.config file.
- Access the Enterprise Tester website, to ensure the database changes have worked.